Monday, February 9, 2015

Introduction and Abstract


Hi everyone! My name is Ananth Kuchibhotla, and I am a senior at BASIS Peoria. Here is a little introduction to my Senior Research Project:

Do you think it’s impossible to increase your iQ and mental capacity? Think again. Neurofeedback therapy manipulates brainwave level to do exactly that: promote neurological growth and advancement. My project will focus on whether or not neurofeedback therapy actually can increase iQ and/or affect an individual’s optimum brain potential. In addition, I will address whether such a revolutionary technology can be applied to treat certain mental conditions characterized by brainwave abnormalities, such as ADD, PTSD, and Social Anxiety Disorder. Under Dr. Gurney of Scottsdale Neurofeedback Institute, I will learn how to conduct therapy sessions, interpret brain scans, and track performance progress. Not only will I be interning under Dr. Gurney, I will also be training the patients and programming the therapies myself. I will understand the correlation between such brain conditions and mental stability and levels of performance. After undergoing my internship, I will research how exactly the brain’s electricity is managed and transformed into forms of expression and certain degrees of mental capacity.

I am so excited to work with Scottsdale Neurofeedback Institute on this project. I have already met the staff and they seem happy to help! I will mostly be working with Dr. Robert Gurney and his EEG technicians, Josh and Jimmy. Tomorrow is my first day. Wish me luck.

For more information on the Scottsdale Neurofeedback Institute, please visit: http://scottsdaleneurofeedback.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment